- To start a Ride with Karoo, you can:
- Start riding without a route or Add/Remove a route later in the ride
- Choose a Route and Ride or Remove/Add a new route later in the ride
- How to start the ride:
- Tap on the yellow circular ride icon (Figure 1)
- Change the desired the page sets and add a route (Figure 2)
- Tap on View Ride, this will transfer you to the ride app
- Once your sensors have started steaming data, tap on the green status bar or press the top-right button on the Karoo to start the ride (Figure 3)
- Start a Ride from the Routes App
- Enter the routes app, then select the route you wish to ride
- Tap on the rider icon to add the route to the ride (Figure 4)
- Tap on View Ride, this transfer you to the ride app (Figure 2)
- Once your sensors have started steaming data, Tap on the green status bar or press the top-right button on the Karoo to start the ride (Figure 3)
- After starting the ride
- GPS signal will be acquired just after starting the ride. Learn more about GPS signal indicators here.
- Swipe left or right on the Screen to toggle between Maps and Data screens (swiping on the last page brings to the first page, we have infinite scroll!)
- The Buttons on Karoo can be used during the ride as well. (Figure 5)
- Button A to turn off the screen (Saves battery)
- Button B and C to toggle between Data screens and Map screen.
- Button D to open the menu, which allows you to pause, exit, or add a route.
- Button E to record laps.
- Press the pause button D to pause during the ride, Save the ride at the end of it, Add/Change route or Discard the ride. (Figure 6)
- Press the Lap button E to add Laps during the ride. (Figure 7)
- Long press the Lap button E to minimize the ride without ending it.
- You can stay on the main screen. Tap on the Yellow bar to go back in ride. (Figure 8)
- Change the settings like add or delete a data field, add/remove sensors etc.
- Tap on the thin Yellow Bar on top of the screen to go back in ride direct