To start a Ride with Karoo, you can:
- Choose a Route and Ride or
- Start a Ride without a route
How to start the ride:
1. Select the Page set you wish to start riding with. Figure 1 & 2
a) Long press the Rider Icon on the right end of the Yellow bar to ride without a route. Figure 1.
b) Tap on the left end of the yellow bar to select the Page set, then select a route to ride on.
Figure 3 & 4.
2. Tap 'Start' on the Yellow bar to go into the ride app. Figure 5.
3. Once your sensors have started steaming data, Tap on the Status bar or press the Top-right button on the Karoo to start the Ride. Figure 6.
(a) GPS signal will be acquired just after starting the ride. Learn more about GPS signal indicators here.
4. Swipe left or right on the Screen to toggle between Maps and Data screens (swiping on the last page brings to the first page, we have infinite scroll!)
5. The Buttons on Karoo can be used during the ride as well. Figure 7.
a) Button A to turn off the screen (Saves battery)
b) Button B and C to toggle between Data screens and Map screen.
c) Button D to pause the ride
d) Button E to add Laps in the ride
6) Press the pause button D to pause during the ride, Save the ride at the end of it, Add/
Change route or Discard the ride. Figure 8.
7) Press the Lap button E to add Laps during the ride. Figure 9
8) Long press the Lap button E to minimize the ride without ending it.
a) You can stay on the main screen. Tap on the Yellow bar to go back in ride. Figure 10.
b) Change the settings like add or delete a data field, add/remove sensors etc.
Tap on thin Yellow Bar on top of the screen to go back in ride directly. Figure 11.
Note: You can save the ride and upload to Strava. To know more on Strava integration Click Here.