- Karoo does not require a SIM card - you can make routes and maps available offline with no connection needed. However, with a SIM installed, you can navigate anywhere, and upload your activities any time. Learn more about SIM cards compatible with Karoo.
- To install your SIM:
- To remove the shell, turn Karoo upside down with its USB slot facing away from you. Use your thumb to apply slight pressure on the bracket foot, while using your index finger to pull the shell from the notch on the upper edge
- Pry open the rubber strip covering the SIM slot (Do not pull out the rubber strip as it is attached to Karoo!)
- Insert the SIM card in the slot - an icon next to the slot indicates the correct orientation
- Cover the SIM slot with the rubber strip and replace the shell
Note that you'll need to restart the device to use SIM connectivity