Karoo Software Build Version: 22.214.171.124
Release date: March 16, 2018
Improvements and Enhancements:
– Animated (visual) datafields for power and heart rate zones introduced
– “Endless” app screen scrolling (when you hit the last one it cycles back to the beginning)
– Reduced size of the navigation icon
– Fine-tuning of ascent/descent (more accurate now but still being improved)
– Fine-tuning of auto-pause to resume faster and with more accuracy at low speeds
– Elevation datafields added: Min Elevation, Max Elevation, Average Elevation and Lap Data - Min, Max, Ascent, Descent
– Power datafield added: Training Stress Score® and Intensity Factor®
– Pedal smoothness, L/R balance, and torque effectiveness (efficiency)
– Battery icon now displaying charge percentage
– Preference to enable/disable navigation cues (still working on on/off track notifications)
– Fine-tuning of average power readings for laps
– Normalized power calculation improvements
– HR Zones now connected to your Karoo user account
– Device MAC address is now consistent for secure WiFi
– Added device info into FIT file
– Specific ride app crash cases
– Speed drops from certain ANT+ sensors
– Time format changing globally from 12/24hr based on user preference
– Navigation showing “Waiting for instruction”
– Navigation stopping and not restarting
– Navigation instruction incorrect resizing
– Fixed a strange crash type seen when recording a ride for 30 min + 12 hours of deep freezing the Karoo
Known issues remaining:
– Stages, Power2Max, and 4iiii power meter connectivity / data issues
– Overall improvement of ANT+ power data handling and logging
– Reboot issues are still being investigated for a small customer subset.
– Karoo account details may show N/A or “Unknown User” (This is not an issue with your account, only a syncing display problem on the Karoo – all your data, including Profiles, Activities, Zones, Routes, etc., will sync just fine once logged in.)
– Unpairing all Bluetooth sensors while in-ride can cause the Sensors app to restart.
– Address search is not localized enough.
– Issues with left-side roadway/roundabout navigation instructions
– Need for more navigation alert datafields and changes in urgency
– Adaptive brightness can be a battery hog in high brightness.
– Cadence and speed sensors that have the wheel magnet removed may not work properly.
– Current auto-pause menu functionality is annoying.
– Maps sometimes need more graphical contrast.