Symptoms(s): While navigating a route, “Waiting for GPS,” “Waiting for instruction” or other similar prompts may be shown continuously throughout the ride, as opposed to displaying turn-by-turn (TbT) instructions.
Affected Version(s):Karoo v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199
Explanation(s): The navigation engine can at times lock up due to network unavailability and weak GPS, unfortunately, the locked state persists across rides and reboots. As a result, customers who face the navigation instructions issue continue to face the issue for all future rides. This is an architectural issue with the navigation engine in the current build. We have enacted fixes to resolve the issue, but there is a minor chance that it may recur. We can suggest a workaround that will help you get out of the navigation engine locked state.
(Assuming you have with good WiFi/3G network available for the Karoo)
- Make a route on the Karoo from your current location
- Give a couple of minutes to allow the Karoo to download turn-by-turn (TbT) instructions for the new route (no need to offline the route at this time).
- Start a ride on the device with this new route at this spot and let the navigation instruction show up (no need to go outside or ride — we are doing a mock ride only)
- If the navigation instructions show up, you have cleared the locked up state of navigation engine. End the ride and you are good to go for future rides
- If the navigation instruction doesn't show up, so:
- If you have the time and are inclined, please take a bug report by following the instructions here. This will help us with resolving the issue moving forward, but is not necessary.
- Please clear navigation service data - see instructions here
- Repeat from Step 1 (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)