You have the option to manually calibrate the current Elevation on your Karoo.
By manually inputting your current elevation, you will reset your Barometer base value.
Here are the steps to download an offline map section:
- On the Home screen, click on the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and select "Elevation Calibration".
- Select "Manual". Then, tap on "INPUT ELEVATION"
- Enter the Elevation manually and tap on the Checkmark.
- This value will now be saved.
- Your current elevation can be found from sources like https://www.whatismyelevation.com/
- When "Auto" is selected, the elevation is recorded using the Barometer in the device. The Barometer works based on the atmospheric pressure in air to compute your elevation. The elevation recorded this way may be affected by weather as pressure varies throughout the day.