Your Karoo 2 will be set to the Dark Mode by default. You have the option to change to a Light Mode. You can change it from the Control Center during a ride or from Settings.
Here are the steps to change the Display Mode from the Control Center using Physical Buttons:
- This option is only available in-ride. It will be Grayed-out otherwise.
- Using the touchscreen is the most direct way, but you can use the Physical Buttons to fully navigate and interact within the menu too.
- Click the Top-Left (A) button and the Top-Right (C) buttons together to open the Control Center.
- Press the Top-Right (C) or Top-Left Physical (A) button to go to the Display Page.
- Tap on "Enter" or press the Bottom-Right (D) button to enter the page.
- Press the Top-Right (C) or Top-Left Physical (A) button until the Display Mode Button is highlighted.
- Use the Bottom-Right (D) button to toggle to the Light/Dark Mode.
Here are the steps to change the Display Mode from Settings:
- On the Home screen, click on the "Apps" button.
- Click on the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down till you see and select "Display".
- Toggle on/off "in-Ride Dark Mode".
There is no reportable difference between Light or Dark mode since the screen pixels draw roughly the same power and the majority of the rest of the screen power comes from what level the backlight is set at.
Article is closed for comments.