This article explains how to import a Strava activity as a Route into the Dashboard.
If you try to use a Strava Activity URL and import it into the dashboard as a route, you see the error message: "Cannot import: Cannot import this route from Strava".
The copied URL would look like https://www.strava.com/activities/31xxxxxx.
This is because the Dashboard will not accept an Activity URL from Strava directly as a Route. You need to convert the Activity to a Route on Strava and use that URL.
Here are the steps to convert a Stava activity into a route:
- Open the Activity on Strava.
- On the sidebar, click on the "•••" and select "Create Route".
- After the Route Builder page loads, set the Route Visibility to "Public".
- Click on "Save to My Routes".
- You will now have the Route URL.
You may be able to edit the route before saving based on your Strava subscription.
If you need help with importing a route using an URL,
see: Importing Routes using an URL