Karoo 2 includes support for Strava Live Segments. Starred Segments can be imported from your Strava account. Karoo 2 also supports overlapping segments.
You do not need to have an internet connection to ride a segment. The Strava Live Segment management data is cached on Karoo 2 using a syncing mechanism. Segments are synced with Karoo 2 at bootup and also on demand by using the syncing menu described below.
You must connect your Strava account to your Dashboard account to sync starred Segments with Karoo 2. Click here to see how to Star a Segment on Strava.
By Default, starred segments are enabled with all available competitor classes enabled by default (other than your Recent Best). Competitor classes are, for example, the KOM and carrot (see Legend). If you want to customize your experience, follow the below steps:
- Tap on the "Settings" app on the home screen.
- Select “Strava Live Segments”.
- Tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Select “Sync Segments”. Do this step with a network connection any time you have starred additional segments on Strava.
- Select the segment that you want to enable.
- Tap on the targets that you want to compete against.
- Select “Enable” from the dropdown.
- You will see a Yellow Tick mark next to this segment. This means that the Segment is now enabled.
- Starred Segments are synced as soon as you turn on your Karoo 2. You only need to sync if you have recently starred any segments.
- Only enabled segments are presented during rides and nearby Segments are disabled by default.
- Nearby segments are not enabled when a user taps Enable All from the segments screen. They have to be manually enabled individually.
When in-ride, a countdown banner is displayed
indicating that you are approaching a Live Segment.
The notification can be dismissed by pressing the (X) button.
This does not stop the following segment progress screens from being shown.
On entering a Segment, the Live Segment Overlay is displayed.
Here is a breakdown of the SLS Overlay:
Refer to the SLS Icon - Legend for a detailed explanation of icons shown when riding the segment.
You can swipe down the SLS Overlay
if you wish to see your data-fields or TBT instructions.
If there are any overlapping segments, you can swipe between them.
Based on your result and target,
achievements are presented at the end of each Segment.
Note: Downhill segments do not work due to a limitation from Strava.