The Karoo 2 can automatically calculate the wheel circumference of your Bike. Your wheel circumference settings will be set to "Auto-calculation" by default whenever you are connected to a Speed sensor. You can also change wheel circumference for your Bike manually.
Pre-requisite: Speed sensor needs to be paired and needs to be positioned above GPS in the sensors list.
Here are the steps to manually set the wheel circumference on your Karoo 2:
- On the Home screen, click on the "Sensors" app.
- Tap on the paired speed sensor.
- Scroll down. You will see the default option as "Auto-Calculation".
- Tap on "Manual" and then select "INPUT CIRCUMFERENCE".
- Tap on the populated number to get a Keypad.
- Enter your preferred value and tap on "OK".
- This value will now be saved for this sensor.
If you need help with setting the wheel circumference manually, please click here.
- If you have paired a speed sensor and start a ride immediately, then the Karoo 2 uses GPS-recorded distance and speed until the sensor has been calibrated.
- Auto-calibration requires you to ride for some distance before it calculates the circumference. It is reset once per ride.
- The manually set wheel circumference is remembered for all paired speed sensors unless you “unpair” the sensor from the sensors list.