POIs can be created on Routes or saved at Account Level. You can also drop a pin from the Control Center when out on a ride.
See: Importing Points of Interest(POI) from RideWithGPS and Adding Points Of Interest (POI) on the Dashboard
Here are the steps to drop a Pin for navigation:
- When in-ride, swipe down to see the Control Center.
- In the "Ride Page", tap on the "Drop Pin" button.
- Use your fingers to move and select the location you want to drop the Pin.
- Tap the '✓' button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Click on "Nav To" to create a purple-colored route navigating you to that Pin.
- You can cancel this route at anytime from the Control Center.
Here are the steps to navigate to a saved POI:
- Once you tap on a POI, you will see a purple rider icon.
- Once you click on the purple rider icon, you will get a Pop-up window.
- Click on "Nav To" to create a purple-colored route navigating you to that particular POI.
- Click the same POI and click on "Stop Nav To" to cancel the temporary route.
- GPS is needed and POI needs to be within 100 miles of current location.
- The purple route will be based on the existing route's cycling type.
- The design allows for the user to cancel the main route while navigating to a POI.
- Users will be routed back to the most optimal point on their normal route when they complete or cancel their POI journey.