Pre-requisite: Must have Offline Maps downloaded.
- When you load a long route(200+ miles / 322 Kms), our routing engine will break up the route into 200 mile/ 322 Kms segments.
- When you are halfway through a segment, it will load the next segment. The rider will always be able to see a minimum of 100 miles / 161 Kms ahead on their route.
- Direction cues, Upcoming Elevation, CLIMBER, and re-routing will only work on the current “segment” being navigated.
- Riders will not be able to “Reverse” a long route(200+ miles / 322 Kms). You will need to reverse the route from your route's source and re-sync the new reversed route to Karoo.
Note: Starting a ride will disable the internet connection to save the battery. You can manually re-enable the internet through the Control Center if needed.
There are 3 options to follow a route on the Karoo 2
Start a ride without a route:
Swipe to the preferred Profile in the background of your home screen.
Tap on the Yellow "Start Ride" icon or the bottom right button to start the ride.
Follow a Route:
Select the preferred Profile from the home screen.
On the Map Screen, Tap on "⊕ Route" to open the Route Selection screen.
Select the preferred route. On the confirmation page, tap on "✓".
The route will now be added to the Ride and you will see the TBT banner
(Unless you have turned off TBT).
Tap on the Yellow "▶" icon or the bottom right button to start the ride.
Follow a Route in Reverse:
On the Route Selection screen, scroll up and select "Follow in Reverse".
The route will now be reversed and TBT directions will change accordingly.
Note: Riders will not be able to “Reverse” a long route(200+ miles / 322 Kms). You will need to reverse the route from your route's source and re-sync the new reversed route to Karoo.
Follow a Route as breadcrumb:
On the Route Selection screen, scroll up and select "Follow as breadcrumb".
Karoo will only show you if you’re on or off route. You will not have turn-by-turn guidance.
Additional notes when following a route as breadcrumb:
- Upcoming elevation will only appear when you are on the breadcrumb trail.
- CLIMBER will not work when following a route as a breadcrumb trail.
- The breadcrumb trail shows a solid yellow polyline to represent the route.
- When you are on the breadcrumb route, the route will have chevrons.
- Note: Chevrons will not appear at all zoom levels.
"Start Recording" Alert
If you forget to start recording the ride (starting a ride or resuming from a manual pause) when you are moving, a notification banner showing "Ride: Not Started" will be displayed. An audio alert is also played as a reminder to start
or resume recording your ride. Tap on "Start Recording" to start the ride.