You have the option to manually calibrate the current Elevation on your Karoo 2.
By manually inputting your current elevation, you will reset your Barometer base value.
Here are the steps to manually calibrate your Elevation:
- On the Home screen, click on the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and select "Elevation Calibration".
- Select "Manual". Then, tap on "INPUT ELEVATION"
- A GPS lock/fix is necessary to save the elevation numbers
- Enter the Elevation manually and tap on "OK".
- This value will now be saved.
- Your current elevation can be found from sources like https://www.whatismyelevation.com/
- "Manual" allows users to input their current elevation such that it calibrates the barometer off the value that the rider knows.
- "Auto" gets the same value, to do the same thing, via an internet connection and the rider’s current location (Karoo 2 looks up the known elevation at the rider’s location that way).
- The Barometer works based on the atmospheric pressure in air to compute your elevation. The elevation recorded this way may be affected by weather as pressure varies throughout the day.
Article is closed for comments.