Karoo 2 users can connect to a Rearview Radar via ANT+. Once connected and in-ride, users will be made aware of the threat level of approaching traffic while riding, and be able to mute/unmute the radar indicator in-ride to have control over on-screen visuals for cars approaching (i.e. on busy city streets).
Compatible Models: Garmin Varia Series, Magene L508, Bryton Gardia R300, and TUTULOO W100.
The following Audio Cues are available through the in-built beeper or a connected Bluetooth Audio Device.
- Vehicle approaching
- Vehicle approaching fast
- Battery low warning
Note: If you have a Rearview Radar with an inbuilt tail light, it would pair both as a single sensor.
Here are the steps to pair an Rearview Radar with your Karoo 2:
- On the Home screen, click on the "Apps" button.
- Click on the "Sensors" app.
- Tap on the"+" button to start the search.
- Once the Rearview Radar is listed, select it.
- Read through the warning and tap on "OK" to accept.
- Tap on the"✓" button to confirm pairing.
- The chosen Rearview Radar will now be paired.
If you have a Rearview Radar with an inbuilt tail light,
By default, "Auto Control" would be turned on.
You can toggle it ON/OFF as per your preference.
You can also configure which of your light's supported modes
are preferred under its sensor details.
If you want to use the Radar or Light alone,
you would have to configure it under "Profiles".
Basis of in-ride visual representation:
- Connection of a Radar triggers the Radar icon in the action bar.
- The Car Track Sidebar appears and overlays on the left side of the data page accordingly.
- When a car approaches, there’s a dynamic visual representation of the distance between rider and car in real time.
- Multiple cars: Radar in-ride experience will reliably handle up to 8 cars approaching.
The distance of each car will be represented independently within the Car Track Sidebar.
Yellow - “Low threat” : Car approaching at normal speed.
Red - “High threat” : Car approaching at high speed.
(any vehicle faster than 90km/h (55mph) relative to the bike
or any vehicle significantly faster than the average vehicle speed)
Green - “Threat passed” : Clear after high/low threat
- You can mute the Radar when needed.
- We’ve restricted this ability to toggle Radar Mute/Unmute under the
Control Center to prevent it from happening accidentally while riding.
- In the muted state, Radar remains connected. Only the in-ride, on-screen experience changes. Audio Cues are muted.
- Control for this is an in-ride-only feature and doesn’t need to be toggle-able anywhere else.
- When muted, the audio alerts for approaching cars are turned off, but the Car Track Sidebar will still appear.
You can mute/Unmute the Rearview Radar Notifications using the Control Center.
Note: Do not turn on the head unit until it's within 3 m of the Radar
and also more than 10m away from other ANT devices.
This is how the "Low Battery" notification from the Rearview Radar will look like:
Note: The low battery notification remains on the screen for 10 seconds.