Karoo 1 owners who pre-order a Karoo 2 will be eligible to exchange their working Karoo 1 device for $120 USD towards the purchase price of their Karoo 2.
Note - We recommend that you wait several weeks after receiving your Karoo 2 to trade in your Karoo 1. All trade-ins are final and we are unable to send your unit back if you change your mind. Even if you choose to return your Karoo 2 for a full refund, we will not be able to send you your Karoo 1 back or refund your original Karoo 1 purchase price.
- To eliminate any down-time without a Karoo device, Karoo 1 owners should complete their Karoo 2 purchase at full price ($399 USD) when sales go live.
- Once you receive your Karoo 2 you can initiate the trade-in process
- Send in your Karoo 1 within 60 days after your Karoo 2 arrives to receive the refund credited to your card.
- Once we have approved your trade-in we will send you a return shipping label for your Karoo 1.
- You will have two weeks from when you receive the shipping label to ship your Karoo 1 to us. All trade-ins are final and we are unable to send you back your unit if you change your mind.
- If you ship the Karoo 1 back later than this two week period, we will still issue a $120 USD credit, but in the form of store credit to be used for any future purchases on hammerhead.io
- Karoo 1 units must be in working condition* and originally purchased directly from Hammerhead.
- Once we get your Karoo 1 back and validate that it is in working order, we will process a $120 USD refund to the form of payment that you used to purchase your Karoo 2.
- Please allow up to 15 business days to process your return, as we navigate the COVID’s effects on our processing time.
I changed my mind, can I get my Karoo 1 back?
No. All trade-ins are final and we are unable to send your unit back if you change your mind. Even if you choose to return your Karoo 2, we will not be able to return your original Karoo 1 or refund your original Karoo 1 purchase.
Does my Karoo 1 have to get back to you within two weeks?
No. You need to request a trade-in within 60 days and you only need to pop the Karoo 1 in the mail within two weeks from when you receive the return shipping label from us.
What if I forget to request a trade within 60 days?
We are running this trade-in program for a limited time, so it is important that you return your Karoo 1 to us within 60 days of receiving your Karoo 2 in order to take advantage of this offer. We will not be able to extend the Karoo 1 Trade-In Program beyond this.
I did not pre-order. Can I still take advantage of the Trade-in Program?
No, To take advantage of our Karoo 1 trade-in program you must have pre-ordered the Karoo 2. (See Karoo 2 pre-order program)
What does Karoo 1 “working condition” mean?
Your Karoo 1 unit must be in one piece, able to turn on, with no major cracks to the glass.
* - unit in one piece, glass has no major crack, unit turns on.”