You will be able to receive notifications on your Karoo 2 from your iPhone when you are riding. This is just a display notification and you cannot respond to texts or attend calls on Karoo 2. You do not have to install any App on your iPhone for this.
Here are the steps to pair the Karoo 2 and enable Notifications from your iPhone:
- On the Home screen, click on the "Apps" button.
- Click on the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and select "Phone Pairing".
- Toggle it ON.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and open Bluetooth.
- Pair the Karoo 2.
- Enter the 6-digit code you see on your Karoo 2
- Allow Notification access for Karoo 2 on your iPhone.
- You will see Notification options on your Karoo 2.
- Karoo 2 will now display the phone name (if one has been set on the phone)
- Toggle On/Off the types of notifications as per your preference.
You will now see your iPhone notifications on your Karoo 2 when in-ride.
Text notifications can be swiped up to reveal the full message.
This is how a Call notification looks like.
The Notification settings on your iPhone should be like this:
Note: The Karoo 2 has to stay connected to the iPhone
to receive notifications on the Karoo 2.