You will be able to receive notifications on your Karoo 2 from your iPhone when you are riding. This is just a display notification and you cannot respond to texts or attend calls on Karoo 2.
Here are the steps to pair the Karoo 2 and enable Notifications from your iPhone:
- On the Karoo 2, open the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and select "Phone Pairing".
- Toggle it ON.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and open Bluetooth.
- Pair the Karoo 2.
- Enter the 6-digit code you see on your Karoo 2
- Allow Notification access for Karoo 2 on your iPhone.
- You will see Notification options on your Karoo 2.
- Karoo 2 will now display the phone name (if one has been set on the phone)
- Toggle on the types of notifications as per your preference.
You will now see your iPhone notifications on your Karoo 2 when in-ride.
Text notification can be swiped up to reveal the full message.
This is how a Call notification looks like.
The Notification settings on your iPhone should be like this:
Note: The Karoo 2 has to stay connected to the iPhone
to receive notifications on the Karoo 2.