Hammerhead recommends using the provided USB-A to USB-C cable or a standard USB-A to USB-C data cable to charge your KAROO 2 . Please do not use USB-C to USB-C cables, or “fast” charging cables as this can result in damage. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the cable you are using or considering to purchase.
THOROUGHLY DRY YOUR KAROO 2 AND CHARGE PORT BEFORE CHARGING
- This is very important and can be done by blowing out any excess water from the charge port and leaving it to dry overnight, or utilizing a hair-dryer on a gentle heat so as not to burn your hand or device.
- Do not connect your Karoo 2 to a power source if there is moisture or debris in the usb-c port.
ONLY USE CHARGERS THAT ARE 5V 1A or 5V 2.4A
- Karoo 2 does not support charging over 5V. The maximum current flow is 2.5 Amps.
DO NOT USE LOW QUALITY OR NON-CERTIFIED USB-A TO USB-C CABLES OR CHARGERS
- Hammerhead is not liable for damage caused by these chargers or cables and will request that you share the brand of charger and cable if a fault occurs.
- If your KAROO 2 feels excessively warm during charging, please unplug the device and contact support. KAROO 2 will normally be warm to the touch while charging but it should not be any hotter than a laptop or mobile phone.
- This can be an indicator that your charger is supplying improper voltage and/or current or that there is water or foreign materials inside the USB-C connector.
- The KAROO 2 operating temperature range is rated for -10°C to 50°C, but for the purposes of testing battery life, all tests are run at 13-33°C.
- Colder temperatures will lower the overall capacity of the battery but it will not be a permanent effect and charging may not be possible at low temperatures.
- Charging or discharging at high rates and temperatures above 30°C will decrease the overall cycle life of your battery.
- Do not store your Karoo 2 for long periods of time fully charged or discharged. Lithium polymer batteries last longer when stored at 50-70% charge.
- If you have stored your Karoo 2 for a long time while charged, it's best to fully discharge and recharge your Karoo 2 to reset the battery logic.