Improving elevation Graph and color coding map arrowsAnswered
Hi, new Karoo User here. So far I am liking it a lot, but the elevation Graph behaviour seems strange to me and does not use the Karos beautiful display at all. There are also a few inconsistencies in the map display.
Suggested elevation Graph Improvements:
- Provide a Merged Elevation Graph that shows upcoming elevation when a route is loaded and historic elevation when no route is loaded. This should be just an if case so very easy to implement.
- Color coding the gradient in the elevation graph. To improve readability I think it is also better to color fill the area under the curve with the color corresponding to the gradient. For me this is a must have and should also be easy enough to implement.
Suggested Standout Feature and improvements for the Map Display
- Use the same color coding as in the elevation Graph to show Gradient on Map by color coding the arrows on route. To avoid confusion the Route color should stay the same but the arrows are associated with the route anyway so that the color could be used for gradient. This is a feature I have not seen on any other bike computer and would be truly standout in my opinion!
- Show Arrows also when Rerouting or Navigating to a point on Map. This just seems inconsistent as it is.
- Remove Bar to cancel Navigation when navigating to selected Point on map. In my opinion this just wastes a lot of screen estate and would be more intuitive to put into quick menu where every other route is canceled.
Welcome to the Karoo 2 community!
Thanks for the great suggestions for the Elevation Graph and Map Display. We really appreciate it because we know that some of our best ideas come from our community. Keep an eye on our software update release page for all of the latest fixes & feature changes!
We are constantly improving & simplifying the user experience.
Thanks again for the great suggestions! Happy riding (:
Definitely +1 on the merged elevation graph that shows upcoming elevation when routing is active, otherwise historical elevation. I'm quite new on the Karoo and when configuring the profile screens that was one of the first things that came to my mind.
The other suggestions sound like really good improvements to user experience too!
Please sign in to leave a comment.