If your Karoo 2 device will not fully power on or show the charging indicator while plugged into power, this can be due to many reasons, including corrupted data or a bad installation of a software update file. The steps below will help to determine and resolve the issue.
- First attempt to force boot up by Pressing the buttons A (Top Left) + B (Bottom Left) + D (Bottom Right) for about 20 seconds and if you see the <H> logo. Click here for more details on button configurations: Karoo 2 - Physical Buttons
- Test the Hammerhead cable on another device or try a different USB A to USB C cable with the Karoo 2.
- You can also test by Connecting to the laptop port
- If connecting to a Power output, confirm your power adapter does not exceed an output of 5V, 2.5A
- Check that there is no foreign material or moisture inside the USB-C port of the device
- If there is use air to blow it out or leave to dry
- If the USB C port charge pins appear discolored, you can use some isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud to gently clean the contacts. CAUTION: Allow to dry thoroughly before charging.
- Plug in the charger to the unit
- Leave for 10 minutes
- Press the power button (button B)
- You will be able to see the charging animation on the screen
- Ensure that the unit and charging cable do not heat up after being plugged in for 30 seconds
- Check whether pressing the power button after 10 minutes shows a charging animation.
- If not, check after 1 hour
- If the Karoo 2 does not power on at this point, please perform a hard reset.
If you have any doubts, please raise a support ticket here and we will help you.