If your Karoo 2 device freezes, is stuck on the Hammerhead logo or keeps rebooting itself, this can be due to many reasons, including corrupted data or a bad installation of a software update file. The steps below will help to determine and resolve the issue.
- Ensure the SIM card installed on the unit is “cellular-SIM-card“, not the data-SIM-card. There is a difference. See: What is the difference between mobile SIM and data SIM card
- Remove the SIM card from Karoo 2 before attempting the next steps.
- Attempt to force boot up by Pressing the buttons A (Top Left) + B (Bottom Left) + D (Bottom Right) for about 20 seconds, and if you see the <H> logo.
- Turn the Karoo 2 off by long pressing Button B (Bottom Left) and turn it back on again after 2-3 minutes.
- If the Karoo 2 will not power off or if the reboot does not resolve the issue, please perform a hard reset.
If you have any doubts, please raise a support ticket here and we will help you.