You will be able to receive notifications on your Karoo 2 from your Android Smartphone when you are in-ride. This is just a display notification and you cannot respond to texts or attend calls on Karoo 2.
- The "Karoo Companion App" should be installed on your Android Smartphone.
- Your Karoo 2 should be paired with your Android Smartphone.
- Ensure that your "App Permissions" on the phone for this App are set to allow notifications.
- "Location Services" should be turned on on your Android Smartphone.
See: Why do I need to turn on location services to pair with a Bluetooth device?
- Ensure the Battery optimization is turned off on your phone for the companion app
Here are the steps to enable Notifications from your Android Smartphone:
- On your Android Phone, install the "Karoo Companion App" from the Play Store.
- Enable Notification access for this app on your phone.
- On the Home screen, click on the "Apps" button.
- Click on the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and select "Phone Pairing".
- Toggle it ON.
- On the Android Phone App, search for the Karoo 2.
- Pair the Karoo 2.
- Enter the 6-digit code you see on your Karoo 2.
- You will see Notification options on your Karoo 2.
- Karoo 2 will now display the phone name (if one has been set on the phone)
- Toggle On/Off the types of notifications as per your preference.
Text notification can be swiped up to reveal the full message.
This is how a Call notification looks like.
Note: The Karoo 2 has to stay connected to the Smartphone and
the Companion App has to be running to receive notifications on the Karoo 2.