You will be able to receive notifications on your Karoo 2 from your Android Smartphone when you are in-ride. This is just a display notification and you cannot respond to texts or attend calls on Karoo 2.
Here are the steps to enable Notifications from your Android Smartphone:
- On your Android Phone, install the "Karoo Companion" app.
- Enable Notification access for this app on your phone.
- On the Karoo 2, open the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and select "Phone Pairing".
- Toggle it ON.
- On the Android Phone App, search for the Karoo 2.
- Once you see the device, pair with it.
- You will see Notification options on your Karoo 2.
- Toggle on the types of notifications as per your preference.
You will now see your Smartphone notifications on your Karoo 2 when in-ride.
Note: The Karoo 2 has to stay connected to the Smartphone and
the Companion App has to be running to receive notifications on the Karoo 2.