You will be able to receive notifications on your Karoo 2 from your Android Smartphone when you are in-ride. This is just a display notification and you cannot respond to texts or attend calls on Karoo 2.
- The "Karoo Companion App" should be installed on your Android Smartphone.
- Your Karoo 2 should be paired with your Android Smartphone.
- Ensure that your "App Permissions" on the phone for this App are set to allow notifications.
- Grant Bluetooth permissions for the Companion App, and have Bluetooth turned On.
- "Location Services" should be turned on on your Android Smartphone.
See: Why do I need to turn on location services to pair with a Bluetooth device?
- Ensure the Battery optimization is turned off on your phone for the companion app
Here are the steps to enable Notifications from your Android Smartphone:
- On your Android Phone, install the "Karoo Companion App" from the Play Store.
- Enable Notification access for this app on your phone.
- On the Home screen, click on the "Apps" button.
- Click on the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and select "Phone Pairing".
- Toggle it ON.
- On the Android Phone App, search for the Karoo 2.
- Pair the Karoo 2.
- Enter the 6-digit code you see on your Karoo 2.
- You will see Notification options on your Karoo 2.
- Karoo 2 will now display the phone name (if one has been set on the phone)
- Toggle On/Off the types of notifications as per your preference.
- Open the Phone Notification tab to full screen to see the list of all notifications your Karoo 2 has received from your phone.
- Tap on any notification to expand it and see the full notification, as well as when it was received. Tap again to collapse the notification.
- The most recently received notification shows a one-line preview at the top of the list when collapsed.
- Only one message can be expanded at a time.
- The list of notifications resets when the Karoo 2 is shut down.
- This is how a Call notification looks like:
- Even if the phone disconnects, the list of notifications is still available, and lets you know when the phone is disconnected.
Note: The Karoo 2 has to stay connected to the Smartphone and
the Companion App has to be running in the background to receive notifications on the Karoo 2.
- To remove the connection between your Phone and Karoo 2, simply remove Karoo 2 under your Phone's Bluetooth settings