Hammerhead recommends using the provided USB-A to USB-C cable to charge your Karoo 2. This will guarantee the most reliable charging and operational life of your Karoo 2.
PLEASE THOROUGHLY DRY YOUR KAROO 2 AND CHARGE PORT BEFORE CHARGING
- This can be done by blowing out any excess water from the charge port and leaving it to dry overnight, otherwise utilizing a hair-dryer on a gentle heat so as not to burn your hand or device.
Karoo 2 charges at 5V from fully drained to 100% in 2 hours and 40minutes when switched off.
Karoo 2 does not support charging over 5V. The maximum current flow is 2.5Amps while Constant charging takes 1.25A. The input voltage remains the same i.e. 5V(12W).
- Please be cautious of Fast Charge, Quick Charge, or USB PD capable chargers that have outputs above 5V if for any reason these are not USB-C compliant they will damage your KAROO 2 and could be dangerous.
- Karoo 2 negotiates charging voltage down to 5V on properly certified USB-C chargers.
DO NOT USE LOW QUALITY OR NON-CERTIFIED USB-C TO USB-C CABLES OR CHARGERS.
- Low-quality chargers do not properly utilize the USB-C standard and may output voltages that can damage or even melt your KAROO 2 charging circuitry and port.
- Hammerhead is not liable for damage caused by these chargers or cables and will request that you share the brand of charger and cable if a fault occurs.
If your KAROO 2 feels excessively warm during charging, please unplug the device and contact support. KAROO 2 will normally be warm to the touch while charging but it should not be any hotter than a laptop or mobile phone. This can be an indicator that your charger is supplying improper voltage and/or current.
The KAROO 2 operating temperature range is rated for -10°C to 50°C, but for the purposes of testing battery life, all tests are run at 23°C +/- ~10°C.
- Colder temperatures will lower the overall capacity of the battery but it will not be a permanent effect.
- Charging or discharging at high rates and temperatures above 30°C will decrease the overall cycle life of your batteries.
- DO NOT CHARGE YOUR KAROO 2 AT TEMPERATURES BELOW -5°C.
Do not store your Karoo 2 for long periods of time fully charged or discharged. Lithium polymer batteries last longer when stored at 50-70% charge.
- If you have stored your Karoo 2 for a long time while charged its best to fully discharge and recharge your Karoo 2 to reset the battery logic.