Hammerhead recommends using the provided USB-A to USB-C cable to charge your Karoo 2. This will guarantee the most reliable charging and operational life of your Karoo 2.
THOROUGHLY DRY YOUR KAROO 2 AND CHARGE PORT BEFORE CHARGING
- This is very important and can be done by blowing out any excess water from the charge port and leaving it to dry overnight, or utilizing a hair-dryer on a gentle heat so as not to burn your hand or device.
ONLY CHARGE WITH CHARGERS THAT SUPPORT 5V AND AS LOW AS 1.25A
- Karoo 2 does not support charging over 5V. The maximum current flow is 2.5 Amps but only during 0-30% charging. Regular charging is around 1.25A so high amp or high voltage chargers could be dangerous or damage the product.
DO NOT USE LOW QUALITY OR NON-CERTIFIED USB-C TO USB-C CABLES OR CHARGERS
- Hammerhead is not liable for damage caused by these chargers or cables and will request that you share the brand of charger and cable if a fault occurs.
- If your Karoo 2 feels excessively warm during charging, please unplug the device and contact support. Karoo 2 will normally be warm to the touch while charging but it should not be any hotter than a laptop or mobile phone. This can be an indicator that your charger is supplying improper voltage and/or current or that there is water or foreign materials inside the USB-C connector.
THE IMPACT OF TEMPERATURE ON KAROO 2 BATTERY
- The Karoo 2 operating temperature range is rated for -10°C to 50°C, but for the purposes of testing battery life, all tests are run at 13-33°C.
- Colder temperatures will lower the overall capacity of the battery but it will not be a permanent effect and charging may not be possible at low temperatures. Charging or discharging at high rates and temperatures above 30°C will decrease the overall cycle life of your battery.
- Do not store your Karoo 2 for long periods of time fully charged or discharged. Lithium polymer batteries last longer when stored at 50-70% charge.
- If you have stored your Karoo 2 for a long time while charging, it's best to fully discharge and recharge your Karoo 2 to reset the battery logic.