Hammerhead recommends using the provided USB-A to USB-C cable or a standard USB-A to USB-C data cable to charge your KAROO 2 . Please do not use USB-C to USB-C cables, or “fast” charging cables as this can result in damage. You may contact Hammerhead Support if you have questions regarding the cable you are using or considering to purchase.
THOROUGHLY DRY YOUR KAROO 2 AND CHARGE PORT BEFORE CHARGING
- This is very important and can be done by blowing out any excess water from the charge port and leaving it to dry overnight, or utilizing a hair-dryer on a gentle heat so as not to burn your hand or device.
- Do not connect your Karoo 2 to a power source if there is moisture or debris in the USB-C port.
- If your Karoo 2 USB-C port is dirty or has had moisture in it for some time we suggest using a cotton bud with some rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol (70% or 99%) to clean the contacts. Once clean let the connector FULLY dry before charging.
ONLY USE CHARGERS THAT ARE 5V 1A or 5V 2.4A
- Karoo 2 does not support charging over 5V. The maximum current flow is 2.5 Amps.
DO NOT USE LOW QUALITY OR
NON-CERTIFIED USB-A TO USB-C CABLES OR CHARGERS
- Hammerhead is not liable for damage caused by these chargers or cables and will request that you share the brand of charger and cable if a fault occurs.
- If your KAROO 2 feels excessively warm during charging, please unplug the device and contact support. KAROO 2 will normally be warm to the touch while charging but it should not be any hotter than a laptop or mobile phone.
- This can be an indicator that your charger is supplying improper voltage and/or current or that there is water or foreign materials inside the USB-C connector.
- The KAROO 2 operating temperature range is rated for -10°C to 50°C, but for the purposes of testing battery life, all tests are run at 13-33°C.
- Colder temperatures will lower the overall capacity of the battery but it will not be a permanent effect and charging may not be possible at low temperatures.
- Charging or discharging at high rates and temperatures above 30°C will decrease the overall cycle life of your battery.
- Do not store your Karoo 2 for long periods of time fully charged or discharged. Lithium polymer batteries last longer when stored at 50-70% charge.
- If you have stored your Karoo 2 for a long time while charged, it's best to fully discharge and recharge your Karoo 2 to reset the battery logic.
If you have any doubts, please raise a support ticket here and we will help you.