Feeding and hydration noticesAnswered
I think that it would be very usefull, a reminder to feed and drink during the activity.
Just set the warning frequency and an icon appears on the screen or something like that.
I think that Garmin has a tool like this. I try to feed me each 45 minutes or 1 hour but always I forget it, maybe this tool could help me.
Thanks for the suggestion - I can definitely see this inevitably saving users from the dreaded "bonk."
However, there are no current plans to implement this feature on Karoo 2. I will pass the suggestion along to the team!
Please keep providing regular suggestion & feedback! We appreciate this.
Garmin has a lot of really stupid features, but this one is real. I dislike the Garmin implementation — a full screen take over with fairly long auto clear.
I love Don’s suggestion…
- Add Alerts, give it a label (‘drink reminder’)
- Set Trigger Type — time based, (Distance based? why?), Location based
- Set Repeating - yes, no
- Set Audible option - pick from set of tones
- Set Notification type - Banner, manual/auto clear (maybe version 3)
Anyone have some examples they would set?
- Drink / Eat (20 min, repeating)
- Recalibrate power meter (15 min after start, once)
Go big! Community Alerts (Waze-like)
- Caution: Wheel Eating Pothole Ahead
- Caution: Mean dog, no fence
I'd suggest we start small...
- Label (e.g. ‘drink reminder’)
- Type — time or distance (always from start of ride)
- Repeating - yes, no
And then could build from there:
- Type - Location (interface for this is much harder than a time/distance since start)
- Audible option - pick from set of tones (no precedent for this in the interface AFAIK)
- Notification type - Banner, manual/auto clear (no precedent for this in the interface AFAIK)
I personally think that the waze alerts will clutter up the map. And be a distraction/danger to users.
Nothing new… I would say…
But I gave up…
All the best
Somehow, if we don´t use auto-lap function as auto-lap indeed, we can set auto-lap with a distance similar to the timing we want to be reminded to eat or drink. So, when we see our K2 beeping a new lap, we know that is our reminder time to eat or drink.
Let us define auto-lap each 30kms...if we have an AVG speed of 30km/h, we know when K2 alerts a new lap that is time to eat a snack.
Please sign in to leave a comment.