The Hammerhead Heart Rate Sensor uses polymer electrodes fused to a soft elasticated chest strap for maximum comfort and breath-ability.
The strap is washing machine compatible, however to prolong the lifespan of the chest strap, hand washing in warm water is recommended. After exercise washing the strap is highly recommended to keep it functioning correctly. Sweat is surprisingly effective at degrading materials and designing the strap to not degrade when constantly salty is a difficult challenge. The best way to look after your sensor is to give it a quick wash after each ride. The easiest way to do this is rinse it off in the shower or basin after your ride.
Wash and care instructions for the chest strap:
- Washing machine compatible at temperatures up to 30°C/80°F for 30 washes
- Hand washing with soap at temperatures below 30°C/80°F for 100+ washes
- When hand washing avoid scrubbing with abrasive brush and excessive force
- Do not iron, dry clean or tumble dry
- Do not use a heat-source to dry more quickly as this can cause damage to the electrodes
- Note the guidance on the chest strap for washing limitations
Article is closed for comments.