The default auto pause speed in the Karoo is 2m/s or 7.2km/hr or 4.5 miles/hr. If a ride goes below this speed, paused menu will appear where one can select to resume, discard or save a ride.
The setting here also affects the average speed of the ride, any time spent below this speed is considered as paused time and any time spent above this speed is considered riding time.
There are several instances where the default auto pause speed is not sufficient:
- If you do a lot of slow speed bike riding, you can set the value to be lower than 7.2 km/hr or 4.5 miles/hr, doing so will avoid showing up the pause menu when going very slow
- If you do a lot of fast riding and you don't want any slow ride sections to affect your average speed then you can set this speed to a higher value.
Please follow the steps below to change the auto pause to any speed:
- Tap on the Pages app on the home screen. Figure 1.
- Tap on the page-set you wish to set the auto pause to any speed. Figure 2.
- Tap on the Auto-Pause option. Figure 3
- Change the Custom Speed of your choice. Figure 4
- Tap on the Green Checkmark to save the entered value. Figure 5
- Tap on Done to save changes. Figure 6
- Once the option is saved, this Custom Auto-pause is set to this particular PageSet. Figure 7