You will be able to share your Karoo's live location with your family and friends during a ride. They do not need a Hammerhead account to view your location.
- Your Karoo must have an active internet connection (cellular or tethered network connection).
- The other party must have the unique tracking URL.
Here are the steps to turn on Live Tracking:
- On the Home screen, click on the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and tap on "Live Tracking".
- Toggle the Button On to enable Live Tracking.
- A unique link will be generated and sent to your email address linked to your Hammerhead account.
Opening the link will show you the Live Location of the unit.
- You can share this link with others to track your ride. The location is updated every 30 seconds.
- This link remains valid for your Hammerhead Account until the Live tracking feature is turned off on your Karoo.
- The old link expires as soon as you turn off the Live location feature on your Karoo.
- A new unique link will be generated everytime you re-enable the feature under Settings.
- Wi-Fi will be turned off for battery savings when starting a ride and you may turn it back on (use the quick settings menu) after starting a ride.
Article is closed for comments.