Karoo now includes support for structured workouts. Karoo also supports pairing to indoor smart trainers for use with structured indoor workouts. Workouts can be imported from your Training Peaks account.
- You must connect your Training peaks account to your Dashboard account to sync workouts with the Karoo. Please see: Linking Third-Party Accounts
- The structured workout will be synced when built in relation to Duration. (Distance-based workout is in development.)
- You need a smart trainer or sensors that can report the riders' effort against the selected workout.
If you need help with creating workouts on Training Peaks, click here.
How to start a workout from the Launcher App:
Tap on the "Launcher".
Tap on "Workout".
You will be taken to the Workouts App from where you can select a workout.
Tap on the Workout that you would like to select.
Note: You will only be shown workouts scheduled for the next 7 days.
The selected Workout will be loaded to the Launcher.
Now, tap on "View Ride"
Once you add a workout to your ride, a Workout Page is added to the in-ride experience (regardless of the profile selected).
You would need to start the Workout by tapping on the "Play" button or the Lap button E (bottom right) after starting the Ride.
If a user removes a workout from their ride after the workout has begun, then they are warned that their progress in that workout won’t be remembered (in the sense that re-adding it won’t put them back in that same spot in the workout).
A new workout can be added to an active ride at any time. In this case, the rider must again start the workout from the workout page. This is considered a new workout. Overall, Karoo is recording the effort of the rider for the sum of the session.
The workout view is an overlay to help the rider see how he or she is doing against the currently selected structured workout.
A user can pause and unpause the workout independently of their ride.
Pausing the ride will pause the workout, and resuming the ride will resume the workout. This is applicable for Manual and Auto-Pause.
How to start a Workout from the Workouts App:
Click on the "Workouts" icon on the home screen.
Tap on the Workout you wish to do.
You will see the details of the selected Workout.
Tap on "Start Workout"
The selected workout will be loaded to the Launcher.
- Karoo automatically starts a new lap at the beginning of each workout interval. The lap snapshot is shown only when on non-workout pages in order to not eclipse interval transition when viewing the workout page.
- Hitting lap on the Karoo doesn’t affect the workout at all (it just records a new lap to the fit file).
- The data fields on the workout view are not selectable by the user. The view prioritizes fields based on the target parameters defined in the structured workout. For example, a workout that has a primary target of Power and a secondary target of Cadence will display as the image above. The first priority target is placed in the left data field, the second priority is placed in the right data field.
- If there is only one target in a structured workout, Karoo will still show cadence and HR when available. In this case the target below the current reading will show “ - - “ to indicate that there is no target for that sensor.
- RPE doesn’t have a current value, just the target value. It can say - - for current value.