Karoo supports structured workouts and also pairs to indoor smart trainers ( ANT+, FE-C type with ERG mode). Workouts can be imported from your Training Peaks account or imported through the Dashboard.
- The structured workout will be synced when built in relation to Duration. (Distance-based workout is not supported as of now)
- The workouts should be built as 'Bike' and not 'Mtn Bike'
- You need a smart trainer or sensors that can report the riders' effort against the selected workout.
- You need to connect the TrainerID and not the PowerID.
How to start a Workout:
- Open the "Workouts" App from the home screen.
- Select the Workout you wish to do.
- You will see the details of the selected Workout. Tap on the "✓ " icon.
- A Workout screen for the selected Workout will be added to the Ride app.
- Tap on the Yellow Square "▶" icon to start the ride.
- Now, tap on the Yellow Circle "▶" icon to start the Workout.
The workout view is an overlay to help the rider see
how they are doing against the currently selected structured workout.
How to remove a Workout from an ongoing Ride:
- Tap the " ▌▌" icon or press the Top Right (D) button.
- Your ride will now be paused.
- Tap on " ❂ WORKOUT ".
- You will be taken to the Workout selection Screen.
- Tap on " ⊗ WORKOUT "
- The workout will now be removed from the ride.
- You can unpause the ride and continue.
- A user can pause and unpause the workout independently of their ride.
Pausing the ride will pause the workout, and resuming the ride will resume the workout. This is applicable for Manual and Auto-Pause.
- A new workout can be added to an active ride at any time. In this case, the rider must again start the workout from the workout page. This is considered a new workout. Overall, Karoo is recording the effort of the rider for the sum of the session.
- Karoo automatically starts a new lap at the beginning of each workout interval. The lap snapshot is shown only when on non-workout pages in order to not eclipse interval transition when viewing the workout page.
- Hitting lap on the Karoo doesn’t affect the workout at all (it just records a new lap to the fit file).
- The data fields on the workout view are not selectable by the user. The view prioritizes fields based on the target parameters defined in the structured workout. For example, a workout that has a primary target of Power and a secondary target of Cadence will display as the image above. The first priority target is placed in the left data field, the second priority is placed in the right data field.
- If there is only one target in a structured workout, Karoo will still show cadence when available. In this case, the target below the current reading will show “ - - “ to indicate that there is no target for that sensor.
- RPE doesn’t have a current value, just the target value. It can say - - for current value.