Karoo supports structured workouts and also pairs to indoor smart trainers ( ANT+, FE-C type with ERG mode). Workouts can be imported from your Training Peaks account.
- You must connect your Training peaks account to your Dashboard account to sync workouts with the Karoo. Please see: Linking Third-Party Accounts
- The structured workout will be synced when built in relation to Duration. (Distance-based workout is in development.)
- You need a smart trainer or sensors that can report the riders' effort against the selected workout.
If you need help with creating workouts on Training Peaks, click here.
How to start a Workout from the Workouts App:
- Open the "Workouts" App from the home screen.
- Select the Workout you wish to do.
- You will see the details of the selected Workout. Tap on the "✓ " icon.
- The selected workout will be loaded to the Launcher.
- Tap on "View Ride". Then, tap on the Yellow "▶" icon to start the ride.
- Tap on the "☰" icon to see the in-ride menu.
- Select "Start Workout" to begin your workout.
The workout view is an overlay to help the rider see how they are doing against the currently selected structured workout.
If a user removes a workout from their ride after the workout has begun, then they are warned that their progress in that workout won’t be remembered (in the sense that re-adding it won’t put them back in that same spot in the workout).
- A user can pause and unpause the workout independently of their ride.
Pausing the ride will pause the workout, and resuming the ride will resume the workout. This is applicable for Manual and Auto-Pause.
- A new workout can be added to an active ride at any time. In this case, the rider must again start the workout from the workout page. This is considered a new workout. Overall, Karoo is recording the effort of the rider for the sum of the session.
- Karoo automatically starts a new lap at the beginning of each workout interval. The lap snapshot is shown only when on non-workout pages in order to not eclipse interval transition when viewing the workout page.
- Hitting lap on the Karoo doesn’t affect the workout at all (it just records a new lap to the fit file).
- The data fields on the workout view are not selectable by the user. The view prioritizes fields based on the target parameters defined in the structured workout. For example, a workout that has a primary target of Power and a secondary target of Cadence will display as the image above. The first priority target is placed in the left data field, the second priority is placed in the right data field.
- If there is only one target in a structured workout, Karoo will still show cadence when available. In this case, the target below the current reading will show “ - - “ to indicate that there is no target for that sensor.
- RPE doesn’t have a current value, just the target value. It can say - - for current value.